Total Control for Real-Time Internet Communications
Request a Product Eval FaceTime Internet Security Edition enables the safe and productive use of the Internet including web browsing, IM, P2P, Skype and other real-time communications applications. Purpose-built and integrated to provide total visibility and control, FaceTime Internet Security Edition allows organizations to implement powerful policies that detect, secure, and manage real-time collaborative applications while preventing inbound malware threats, minimizing information leakage, and controlling employee Internet use.
Today's Enterprise Internet Traffic
FaceTime Provides Unified Control for the Web and Real-time Internet
With FaceTime, IT organizations can benefit from:
- Single point of control - for all web and real-time communications lowers operational costs and simplifies administration
- Better value - extend existing budget to cover both URL filtering and emerging applications such as IM, P2P and Skype
- Security and performance - validated by respected industry publications and test labs, only FaceTime provides a platform that combines the highest efficacy with fastest performance.
Besides web browsing, enterprise Internet traffic now includes real-time, presence-oriented applications including instant messaging, VoIP, web conferencing and P2P file sharing.
These real-time communications applications called 'greynets' are often installed by end users without the permission or knowledge of the IT department and use highly evasive techniques to circumvent existing security infrastructure.
Because greynet applications operate below the security radar, they provide an ideal vector for malware infections, client-side code vulnerabilities, intellectual property loss, and identity theft. While some greynets, particularly enterprise instant messaging, web conferencing and VoIP, deliver clear business benefits, others such as anonymizers and P2P file sharing can pose serious risks. Current security infrastructure designed for well-behaved applications fall short in detecting and securing greynet channels that use proprietary protocols and HTTP as their channels.
To maximize the value and minimize the risk of web and greynet applications, enterprises must gain visibility and control over their use.
Total Control. Zero Latency.
FaceTime Internet Security Edition comprises two key components:
RTGuardian — next generation perimeter security solution for managing web browsing, securing unauthorized IM and P2P usage and blocking the spread of spyware and adware in the enterprise.
Greynet Enterprise Manager (GEM) — a centralized management, reporting and control server in the LAN that enables organizations to manage security policies and aggregate reporting for IM, P2P and spyware traffic across distributed enterprise environments.
- Provides broadest security and management coverage available across enterprise and public IM, P2P, Skype, web conferencing, IM portals, and web browsing channels
- Reduces operational expenses by consolidating all Internet communications security controls into a single unified solution
- Improve decision-making about security issues and Internet usage through integrated real-time reporting and monitoring and compatibility with leading third-party reporting applications
- Monitor and control access to inappropriate Web sites that can waste company resources, create legal liability, and consume bandwidth required for business critical applications.
- Set web usage policies by users/groups of users through Active Directory integration and customize by IP addresses
- Integrated URL databases: FaceTime WebFilter with over 21 million sites in 54 predefined categories and Secure Computing's SmartFilter with more than 7 million URLs according to 73 predefined categories
- SmartReporter enables scheduling and production of complex and/or graphical reports
- Configurable graphical dashboard provides visibility into greynet traffic, web usage, and policy enforcement
- Prevent malware (spyware, phishing attacks, blended threats) at the Internet gateway before it impacts the business and utilize automated threat updates from FaceTime Security Labs to ensure rapid response and countermeasures to the latest threats
- Trigger targeted, clientless remediation process for malware on infected endpoints using Microsoft sanctioned technologies to efficiently clean and inoculate PCs
- Reduce administrative time with centralized enforcement of all Internet usage over Web, IM, P2P, and other greynet channels
|FaceTime Internet Security Edition Datasheet||113.15 KB|