Hundreds of IT Management open source software solutions are available for you to use today. But NONE offer the unique value that GroundWork Monitor does: that's delivering several of the best open source system, performance and network management software bundled into a single package.
That's what GroundWork calls the "Open Source Amalgamation" solution.
GroundWork Open Source uniquely combines the most mature and successful open source projects available today into a single package. These amalgamated projects have been downloaded over the last decade for more than 4 million times and have a strong codebase and a strong community behind them.
Combining these projects into a single package that is commercially supported gives you a simplified deployment experience, a single console for managing and monitoring, and a comprehensive view of your IT operations efficiency.
Other GroundWork Monitor advantages include open APIs and an open event manager so the information collected by GroundWork Monitor can be bi–directionally shared with your other ITSM systems such as asset tracker, ticketing system or a CMDB.
But the best part about GroundWork Monitor is the low cost for the enterprise IT management system and its fast return on investment and value.
GroundWork amalgamates and supports established, mature projects including:
- Nagios® — for event handling and notification
- SNMP and SNMP–TT — for network management protocol
- RRDtool — for underlying data collection and management
- BIRT — for ad–hoc reporting
- Ganglia — for grid and cluster monitoring
- Cacti — for graphing and trending
Each of these projects and more are included with each GroundWork Monitor edition tier. GroundWork Monitor has three editions: Enterprise, Professional and Community Edition. All editions are based off of the same codebase so trade-up is easy.
If you currently use open source projects for IT Monitoring, view the following to see what edition would be ideal for your environment.
GroundWork Monitor Enterprise
- Ganglia — Grid and Cluster Monitoring
- NeDI — Network Discovery
- Cacti — Graphing and Trending
- php-Weathermap — Network Visualization / Topology mapping tool
GroundWork Monitor Professional / Starter Edition
- BIRT (Eclipse) — for Reporting, Word, PowerPoint, PS, PDF, Excel
- NET-SNMP, SNMP-TT — Network Monitoring
- Syslog NG — Systems Message Format
- JBoss Event Console — Web Services
- Dojo / AJAX — Dashboards
GroundWork Monitor Community Edition